Project: Capital One Investing - Financial Advisors' tools
Overview: To understand the tasks and needs of the Financial Advisors and their customer base in order to serve both parties with better tools and services to help garner a stronger relationship with Capital One Investing brand.
Roles: Product designer, Experience designer, Visual designer, User research
Tools: Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, Salesforce, HTML/CSS, Sharpie & sticky notes
Research with Financial Advisors
We talked to Capital One Financial Advisors to understand how they spent their day, what were barriers for them, and what helped them serve their clients best. This is the overview of what we learned.
We conducted empathy interviews with high-net worth customer-base who we called 'Delegators' from personas that existed before I started working on the team.
Value Proposition canvas: Pains + Gains
Pains & Gains Categories
We grouped the pains into different categories.
I mapped our categories from the Financial Advisor & Customer themes to initiative that were already in development
Service Design Blueprints
From our conversations with FAs, customers, and different people within Capital One Investing, with the help of the greater team, I created these service design blueprints to inform and direct our understanding of the interrelationship between different customer service systems and potential opportunities within the Advice Center and In-Branch customer experience.
Resulting Tools & Projects
- iPads for Financial Advisors - designed and implemented internal and external branding on public facing iPads to be used in the branch
- Financial aggregator for FAs and Customers - researched, prototyped, and branded from existing vendor platform
- Appointment Scheduling - coordinated with BookingBug and improved upon their existing UX/UI with better flow and correct branding
- Salesforce improvements - designed some new features and forms with sketch and Salesforce Lightning
- Docusign - implemented Docusign for customers
- Website - designed and implemented improvements to existing lead-gen opportunities on capitaloneinvesting.com